Toukley Brass monkey

hobie

Thanks to our sponsors Toner direct, bias boating, bunnings and BCF (boating camping and fishing)and Chittaway Gourmet Meats this year will be bigger and better over 1 thousand dollars in prizes, Toukley has the best rigging area in the region, when you check our notice of race and see our accomodation guide please mention when booking that you are sailing at Toukley at the Brass monkey and you will recieve your discounts on accomodation.

There will be breakfast sunday and monday and canteen facilities all weekend, with hot showers and great hospitality. All welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Towing "Tigerdelic" makes the car slow and use more petrol. More inclined to take my ancient Laser "Firefly"; which would save about $60 in petrol. I usually sail it as a radial, but if it's a light wind regatta I could cheat and use the full rig. Has me hiking out in 5 knots and overpowered in 10. Silliness. Should warn you now; you wouldn't want to be next to Firefly at the gybe mark! splat

Not sure about coming up yet; bit of an imbalance between spending and earning money at the moment.

post-23904-13776299628612_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the support and encouragement. Hoping I can coincide a job interview with Wyong Council with this!

Last year was great fun and I encourage all to make the effort to attend this regatta.

Although, when I think back to the freezing rain squalls, and other details, I can't quite place where the fun bit was. Perhaps it's like climbing a mountain; fair bit of hardship involved, but the glory of achievement casts a golden glow over the event.

WOW! Great efort guys, I don't think it would hurt to metion the sponsors on a catsailor posting with a copy and paste of the NOR. I know how tuff it is out there and getting as much exposiour for your sponsorship $$$ is what it is all about. It's great to see there are still people out there prepared to put time in for a good cause. Well done sponsors.

I was just on the Wangi club site and found they are advertising a (Zhick) Brass Monkey regatta on the June long w/end, for dinghy classes. It's possible, (but highly unlikley as some of their members have previously sailed at our regatta) that they did not realise that the BRASS MONKEY regatta has been held on Tuggerah Lake for over 20yrs, and will be as long as Toukley Sailing Club survives.

Darcy, I agree it's a bit "off" having a regatta by the same name on the same weekend. But the Brass Monkey used to be the Long Jetty clubs regatta which Toukley picked up after its collapse and its also not a come one come all regatta.

The NOR states:

2.0 ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY

a All competitors shall comply with ISAF Eligibility Code, RRS

Regulation 21, and must be financial members of their respective

class associations

b Eligible Classes are:

OKs, Impulse, A Class Cats, Moths, Flying 11s, Tasars & 29ers.

I'd suggest a polite phone call to either of the two people below that are listed as the organising committee:

Tony Outteridge 49752585

Sandra O’Donnell 0418488554

darcy toukley has run this regatta for over 20 yrs, as u know. we at toukley run this regatta as our major regatta each year as a stand alone regatta. too call another regatta the brass monkey at the same time will no doubt cause problems for our sponsors. have problems with this! we have made this regatta bigger,better,and more accessible to more sailors, thanks to our sponsors. TONER DIRECT. BIAS BOATING. THE SAILING SCENE. B.C.F. BUNNINGS.CHITTAWAY MEATS. this regatta will run for another 20yrs don`t miss out.

have spoken to wangi about brass monkey, they have told me that they will change their regatta name and apologised for the mix up. would also like to thank THE SAILING SCENE for their support and sponsership of this regatta

looking good for the monkey. lake level high. good response from sailors. will be 5.8`s h18`s f18`s h16`s taipans, arrows, and all classes of 14`s . any other class comming please let me know, Brad 0422537833. will also be mono`s. thanks to our sponsers this regatta can only get better. hope to see all next w/end. don`t miss this event.

post-21429-13776299631201_thumb.jpg

Archived