The need for speed

Bridgehugger

I just fitted a towbar to my RS4 and towed the Maricat down to its new owner last week. Forgot the bloody thing was on the back when I was on the F3.... Anyhow to answer your question 165km/h is about as fast as a Maricat 4.3 will go. Maybe the M 5.0 is a bit quicker with its nice hull shape but it is a bit wider too so it has more windage. Would be a good experiment.

looks good with spray flying...

during the top gun on the broad reach from top mark to wing mark the Taipans, A's and Hobies didn't reel me in that quick but on the downwind and upwind they fly past...

during the 20 knot breeze, across the top reckon I was doing about 16 to 19 knots myself as I had to start bringing the main in as the wind moved forward of true....

couldn't see too much because of the spray.....to gauge my speed, had other problems to worry about like not nose diving....

always fun going fast.

cheers

d

This reminds me of monty python's veiw on speed, I guess for some mari cat's its just not enough!!!

Monty Python Galaxy Song

Whenever life get you down, Mrs. Brown,

And things seem hard or tough.

And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft,And you feel that you've had quite enu-hu-hu-huuuuff!

Just - re-member that you're standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour, It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned, the sun that is the source of all our power.

The Sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,are moving at a million miles a day, In the outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour, of the Galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our Galaxy itself contains 100 billion stars,

it's 100,000 light-years side-to-side, It bulges in the middle, 16,000 light-years thick, but out by us it's just 3000 light-years wide.

We're 30,000 light-years from galactic central point,we go round every 200 million years,

And our galaxy is only one of millions of billionsin this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,in all of the directions it can whizz, As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure, how amazingly unlikely is your birth, And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,because there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Archived