manering park who's coming

sam257

Originally posted by Emmessee:

I remember there being a line as far as the eye could see of coloured Maricat sails at Forster in the 80's. So there was a time when they attended in large numbers.

There was an H14 on the roof of the toilet block one morning and that was part of a fleet or 20 or more.

I think Bern likes the fact he has the fastest 14 around and will take out line honours in every race smile.gif

Yeah that's it Matt, I'd just love having no competition. I parked the boat for three years because there was nowhere to sail it. There just might be other F14's there anyway.

Those 'good old days' when there were 50+ 14's racing an open have been and gone. Not to say that they will never come back, but personally, I wouldn't race at a regatta if I owned a Maricat, Hobie 14, Windrush, Tiger, if there were only going to be two or three other 14's there and neither will anyone else which is obvious by the number of starters at recent events. I wouldn't race the 430 again at an open cat regatta without the spi.

Now if the M/Park event was moved to a different w/e and you all decided to go to Forster...............

Oh, and I sailed the 430 at Balmoral today. Great place to sail. Very civilised with nice grassy rigging area and plenty of good water. I had a ball.

[This message has been edited by berny (edited 25 May 2006).]

THe mannering park 14 foot cat regatta is for 14s only, any other cats are welcome to sail with our 5.8 fleet not in the regatta. We will change the date of the regatta only if a change suits the majority of 14s, This year there wil be one start for all 14s. Trophies for Y'stk,H'cap and Class. Thank you for your support, DARCY.

I was pulling ya leg bern. I know you have been rallying long and hard for high performance 14 footers. I commend you on this and I do know you want the competition.

Balmoral is very civilised for sailing out if with the family and friends, but in a sou'easter is can be a bitch to get back in to the beach unless you have done it a few times.

I am out of action for a while with a crook knee, but I as soon as I can, I will be back on the water.

A few social Sunday's at Balmoral could be interesting as well.

Dave,

agree with you that this is a 14 regatta and is advertised as such. Just that other boats can still go for a sail independently of the regatta. All are encouraged in sailing !

We had over 50 14s last year... and hope for more this year smile.gif

cheers !

Fair enough. I'm happy that it appears to be remaining a 14ft cat regatta. I understand that you can't stop other (bigger) boats sailing around, but you don't have to accept their entries.

It certainly would be great to see even more 14s out there this year, but even similar numbers to last time would be good.

Dave.

Archived