Maricat 4.3 Diagram and parts

Skyshot

I bought an older Maricat 4.3 back in winter and have been waiting for the ice to melt on Lake Burley Griffin before reassembling the cat (it was in bits) and get the parts that are missing. Back when the catsailor.net web site was selling parts I found a diagram listing all the components. Does anyone have a copy they can email me? I do know I need both rudder pins, one of the aluminium nose plates and the rubber strip that covers the hull joins.

Thanks

Dave

Don't know about the picture.

But if you take yourself down to YMCA sailing club in Canberra on a Saturday afternoon you will find Maricats there to have a look at. Once you work out what you need, contact Darcy (Darcy1945 on this forum) for second hand bits and Mick Colecliffe (Humungus) for new parts. Helter Skelter from YMCA is set up with all the good gear.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We can help over the net, with photos etc if that is any help. You also have the Victorian State Cat Rigged Champ in Dr Pete I believe he is a yarrawonga. As I'm not from Vic (well I am but I'm not it's a long story) I have no idea how close Yarrawonga is to Melb. Feel free to ask any questions of us that you may have though.

Phil

Before you buy parts for a Mari rebuild give me a call, some parts are only cosmetic, some have cheaper options, some can be easily modified and some bits (Dolphin striker and attachment plates) should have priority. Usually, a weeks work and $3-4 hundred can bring your $500 boat up to mid fleet at your local level. Darcy 02 43591729.

Hi, just bought a Maricat 4.3, do you know of anyone in Melbourne who could assist me with some set up questions.

Had a trailer sailer prior so was interested in finding out more.

Happy to help if i can. I still have a trailer sailer. Like Korwich says these guys will help on line if they can, Met many at nationals and these are a really great group; very helpful. I llve near Shepparton and sail at Yarrawonga.

Have to say, Maricats have evolved a lot (even the old ones). they are robust, bullet proof, cheap and heaps of fun. Welcome to the class

Peter

Peter

• 1 month later...

Myself and son have recently bought a Maricat 4.3 and had a ball over easter sailing Wyangla from Grabine. Just doing some repairs to rudder mount in hull and hope to be back on the water before October, may need some advice on where to get bits and pieces like main sheets and other rigging bits. I live in Forbes NSW Son lives in Canberra. hope to meet some of you on the water.

conv_345.pdf

• 7 months later...

Hey Robbie

Any chance you or other members have a larger Jpeg of the components photo or something similar. After I downloaded the image it went all blurred on me. Being a newbie cat user, this is ideal for familiarising myself with the various names of parts etc. (hope this is still a live post)

Thanks

Phil.

• 8 years later...

Speaking of parts,  my old maricat had a couple of bungees attached to the centre of the tramp with a ring at the end of each. Just wondering what they are used for & how to use them. I've got trapeze rigged & thought maybe bungee for that or possibly jib sheets? Thanks

received_833045110541569.jpeg

Ok great, thanks again Darcy :-).

Got it mostly sorted now. New stays, dolphin striker wire, reinforced chainplates, extra hole in sail clew.

Went for a nice sail yesterday evening. Super light winds but thanks to the low drag & bigger sail area I made it back to shore easy whereas my NS14 would have been drifting upstream.

Maricat.jpg