Calypso Photos and Videos

So i have decided that there aren't enough videos and photos of Calypsos out there, so i thought it would be cool to start a thread where calypso owners can post photos/videos of their boats. This was largely inspired by my day sailing today (Gotta love a public holiday sail). I'll get the ball rolling with a few from today...

Not many good shots in the water today, but did take a few videos with some mates

Get Posting!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Another Great Day

Another great day sailing out at seacliff this morning. I decided to take a Chinese student from Uni with me who had never sailed before (but he could swim, don't worry, I checked." I was amused when he rocked up in long trousers and a flannelette shirt and grey woollen vest (lol).

Arrived at 8, on the water by 9. The weather was truly amazing, 22, high cloud, wind 12-15 knots, I’ve never felt the Calypso sail so happily!

Really the only downer was that i forgot the battery to my camera so couldn’t get an on board footage, luckily my Asian partner in crime decided it would be a good ide to carry his smart phone in his pocket 0_o

post-332-13778265952059_thumb.jpg

post-332-1377826595286_thumb.jpg

post-332-13778265953401_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was at a simular point in sailing not that long ago. I just didn't have the confidence to clip on and push out. I practiced capsizing to a point where my attitude towards loosing complete control was carefree, because worst case I would end up capsized. Then it all just flowed - with every bit of confidence in my trap wires and harness of course...lol When you get out there be sure to post up a vid!

If it works out Robbie and I are meeting before lunch at Meningie on Lake Albert South Aus, Sunday 12th January for a crash course on capsizing, recovery, trapezing, etc anybody that wants some help no matter what type of boat is welcome to come along, there are four qualified instructors at Meningie and I can organise more of them to help if needed, there is no cost it will just be a fun morning of getting wet, getting wet, getting wet and sailing around. After lunch there is normal fleet racing. Anybody there has the choice of the shorter inside course, longer outside course or just cruise around practicing while the rescue boat keeps an eye on you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day Doug, the best photo I have is this one, I can get a close up next time the boat's rigged if you like. pretty much the camera is on the handle bar mount, which i clamp onto a piece of PVC (Instead of handle bars) then that piece of PVC is ties on very well the the bridal wires. I put a bit of excess cord through the camera, just inc ase it falls off the mount so I don;t loose it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived