Towing cats

No one was hurt.  I think someone was wanting to turn across the lane and was shunted from behind just as Peter was passing.  What you call extremely bad luck

Good driver training would suggest to not turn your wheels until you are actually executing the turn so you don't get shunted into oncoming traffic. Even better advice for the "shunting"driver is not to run up someone's arse. Don't know the circumstances so just gas bagging but rotten luck for Peter as you say.

Peter

are you going to replace the cat - or scrap it all

I have a 5.8 that Rosco is sorting out for me that will be surplus to requirements (not enough time to get out) older model.

if you are scrapping - would be interested in some bits

Funny thing with insurance and if they payout on the policy. ie write the boat off.

All equipment then belongs to the insurance company. Includes trailer and all other items nominated on the policy or a normal part of the boat ie sails etc.

They may sell the gear back to you or tender it off.

Never under insure and assume you will recover the non damaged items, as the insurance company writes off the policy if the repairs exceed the insured amount and takes it all.

How do I know, been there had to buy my own gear back from the insurance company, including undamaged trailer, sails, mast etc.

I was only under insured by a couple of thousand V's replacement cost. Not any more.

Archived