QB2

Emmessee

• 4 months later...

Here's some news - My family purchased the first Quest B2 from Charlie Cunningham (father of Lindsey) sail no 4, we went on to build 4 more, in total 5 QB2. Sail numbers 1, 2 & 3 where kept by the Cunningham family and did not hit the water for many years. My father and brother did most of the sailing both named John Mercel. We still have the plans to a couple (I think) also the moulds for the hulls and 1 or 2 sets of sails, along with a mast that was never used and a set of beams.

We started of sailing out of Carrum Sailing Club with many regattas etc at McCrae and all over travelling Australia for regattas and Cat Week each year. I have many photos but don’t know how to load them, but I will work on this if anyone is interested.

Contact me via nicolesaunders47@gmail.com and I would be happy to answer as much as I can or my brother, John would be able to help more, he built many boats and sailed/lived in Melbourne/Townsville/Sunshine Coast.

We had many great times and memories sailing the QB2.

Regards and happy sailing

Nicole have emailed you asking for whatever info you can spare.

I would like to get a webpage up on the QBs before they are lost to history.

I would be grateful for any information you or John can provide.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that it looks like a Hydra but I don't think it is as the Hydra has flush gunwhales not the flanged ones like on this boat, at the same time I don't think it's a H17 as the forefoot is cut away too much. I am of the opinion that this is a Heinz boat (57 varieties), one that has been built out of bits and pieces. What the origin of the hulls is I am completely lost.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived