Black wich photos?

gim

• 3 weeks later...

what a lovely thing to say!

best part of owning one is when i come behind all the others i say " ahhh but your not sailing the same boat, witch's handle very differently in that kind of breeze"

i try to look clever when i say this!

always helps other guys been in and at the beer for a while before i arrive :)

I am not familiar with Stingrays. In photos they certainly look very similar to a Black Witch. I can't find much information on them. According to Wikipedia they were designed in the 1960s. Does anyone have any more detailed information on their history?

black witch cat

Thanks for the photos' date=' much appreciated. If I could find one, I would buy it as well. Is the one owned by Mick the only one left in existence? Maybe there's a few more hidden away somewhere?[/quote']

hi,gim, i,m from toowoomba Q.L.D,I,m just in the process of doing up an 18 footer at the moment,and it sounds like it may be a blackwitch.have some photos on my camera but havn,t a clue as tohow to get them to you,casper

Hi casper,

I have sent you a PM with my email. I would love to see your photos.

gim.

i,m afraid i have no idea where you sent the PM i guess that means private message,but ihaven,t recieved an email from you or how to access it through cat sailor net.i,m not very computer savvy,so please help casper

Many thanks to casper for showing me his Black Witch. As far as I can tell it is more or less identical to Mick's. Casper's sail number is 305 and Mick's is 303, so I am guessing that they are from the same batch.

The Black Witches I am familiar with had plywood hulls, and were built around 1970 in Darwin. I read on another thread that only 19 were built. Casper's has fibreglass hulls, so I presume that a second series of Black Witches was built some time later.

Does anyone have any information on this? I would like to know when and where the second series was built, and who built them.

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]390[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]391[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]393[/ATTACH]

post-23407-13778265468708_thumb.jpg

post-23407-1377826546899_thumb.jpg

post-23407-1377826546937_thumb.jpg

post-23407-13778265469743_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Archived